Donate US

 photo cub_buttonUSA_zps260251ee.png  photo cub_buttonAllOther_zps266319dc.png

Monday 6 July 2009

Quick Update from NamibRand

I’ve got to say, it feels great to be back on the Reserve after being away! I know it was only for a week but still… Anyway, some news for everyone involved.

As far as the boys are concerned, they seem to be doing great. Their condition is excellent and they still appear to be eating regularly.

Misty and Rosy should be boxed up by this evening if everything goes to plan. Matt and Kate were by far the best choices to have down here and when we made all the final arrangements yesterday, their input was vital and concise. They seem pleased with the set-up and I hope we can get those two back to CCF with a minimal amount of stress.

Unfortunately, even with the help of a massive search party we still have nothing on Shanti. Corris and Selma covered the entire Northern part of the Reserve (SDL, Hyena Water etc,) Flo, his volunteers and my Dad all searched around Moringa, Draaihoek and Bushman Kopjes, while Matt, Kate and myself looked on the outside of the reserve, involving the farm land from here to Sesriem and then back down past Nooihof farm. This trek went on for nearly 7 hours but we still couldn’t even get a sound. At one stage Kate and I though we had something but after an intensive check it turned out to be nothing.

Tomorrow will be the big day for her though. I’ll be going up to aerial track in the morning with the N/a’an ku sê guys but I fear that if we don’t pick anything up, then our next steps will have to be planned very carefully. I’ll be in touch as soon as we touch down though to let you all know what’s happening. Today we will try again but I want to spend some time with the boys and let Matt and Kate take a look at Ra who the others think may be limping again. All five are together though, and he had eaten with them when I saw them on Friday so I don’t think there is any reason to be concerned.

That’s all for now, but I’ll be in touch shortly.

Thanks,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment